Monday, May 5, 2008

Studio thread holder




Hi, the group I belong to on line "fiberarts of southern california" recently had a discussion about how to store thread. I thought I would share with you what I came up with to store my thread. Right now it is sorted into types rather than colors, but that could change. The storage units were gotten at a garage sale and they are old card catalog drawers from a library. They are right behind my sewing machine so I can just reach back and open a drawer and get my thread out. They are protected from the sun because they are closed and work great. Hope you enjoy the photos. I also got news that I have two quilts going to Houston. One for the "Tactile Architecture" and another for the "In Full Bloom" special exhibit. I am doing a very happy dance right now. I cannot post those pictures until the exhibit opens in October but it gives me the incentive to keep on trying....Have a great day, the sun is shining and all the flowers are blooming.

No comments: